Sunday, January 2, 2011

#2 Confidence and Peas

Yesterday while searching for something for our lunch I found this can of blackeye peas:

We don't believe in luck or anything superstitious, but I've always heard that you eat them on New Year's Day. So I came up with my own little recipe for them.

With onions, tomatoes, cumin, & rice!


Our lunch was a hodge-podge to say the least!
We had a few boxes of some the prepackaged mac-n-cheese that Anna has learned to make. Our friend that goes to our town's college and also goes to church with us brought us a box full of these mac-n-cheese that she wasn't going to eat. So the girls have enjoyed having a box every now and then.

Anna contributing to our lunch yesterday resulted in this note I found this morning on the fridge :)

This is the first thing I saw this morning when I got up for church. I literally giggled out loud :D

Jeremiah 17:7

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in Him."

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

Wish I liked black eyed peas...

When I was a teenager, I loved Kraft M&C and we would sometimes cut up ham into it. Mmmm!! Ha! Every once in a while, we get the hankering for it here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails