Saturday, January 1, 2011

#1 - Project 365 "Getting to Know Me"

Happy New Year!

I'm going to try and do something a little different with my blog this year. I tend to only post when we either do something big together as a family or when I just have a random spur of the moment thing I want to add. I heard about a neat thing called Project 365 from a blog (Jacquie - Middle of Eleven) that I read and thought it would be an interesting way to document the stuff we do on a daily basis. Hopefully years from now our family can look back and remember these days of crazy homeschooling and other business in our lives!

I want the first post to tell a little about me and our family as a sort of jumping off point.



  • Hi! My name is Jennifer (or Jenn as most call me) and I live in the great Bluegrass State of Kentucky. Nope we don't own any horses, but we do have a few chickens...haha! I am a believer in Christ and live a very conservative life. I love having assurance of where I'm going when I part from this world because of the relationship I have with Jesus!



  • I am married to a wonderful man of God that also just so happens to be my high school sweetheart. We've been together since January 1994 and this August we'll celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary! Both of our parents were divorcing when we began dating and it has always given us the motivation to take our vows seriously and put God as the cornerstone of our relationship. Because He sure put two broken people together at just the right time 17 years ago!



  • We have two precious daughters that are 11 and 8 (almost 9) years old. They are complete opposites, but we love every thing about each one! We started homeschooling in the fall of 2008 and haven't looked back! Anna went to public school until the 3rd grade and Holly went to Preschool and Kindergarten. A neat fact is that Holly had the same Kindgergarten teacher as I did. I had her the very first year she taught and Holly had her the very last year she taught! If you want to read about why we started homeschooling you can click HERE.



  • I am the youngest of five children and my Mama passed away in April 2003 after battling cancer for 22 months. My dad turned 60 last year and still lives in the same town as I do. We live in a small town in Central Kentucky and I have always felt blessed to raise our girls here! I have a brother that lives with his family in Texas. My oldest sister lives in Arkansas with her two daughters and grandson. They both left KY many years ago when they went into the Army. I LOVE and appreciate that they served our country, but dislike that they didn't move back! My middle sister and youngest brother both still live in Kentucky within an hour of our hometown.



  • After high school I attended EKU for 2 years and when it came time to declare a major - I didn't have a clue! So I didn't finish and instead got my Realtor's license in the summer of 2000. I also worked at WalMart in the accounting and invoice office for almost 8 years from 1995-2003 and quit the spring that my mom passed. When we decided to homeschool in 2008 I also hung up my Realtor hat. A decision that I don't regret. I loved showing and selling houses, but almost 10 years of doing that was enough for me :) I still help out our friend that owns the real estate company I worked for. Last summer I helped him when we were finished with school and he asked me to continue helping him on Fridays when we started school back. So it has worked out so far for me to do that and it brings in a little extra money which can be nice. Since Brian is off 3 Fridays a month the girls stay with him and they get to either catch up on school work or he will do "Daddy" lessons with them. For example, he has already shown them how to change out a light fixture...haha! If this ever becomes a burden instead of a blessing for our family, then I'll re-evaluate.

The reason I started blogging is because #1 I love to take pictures and #2 I wanted to scrapbook memories for our girls and our family. I think this Project 365 will be a great way to document our daily lives in a short story form! I'm suppose to post at least one picture a day with some sort of info from that day. I'm sure some days will be good and some will be super boring, but nonetheless - it'll be for our record of the duration of our year. I just pray we can bring some glory to God in our daily lives!


Be blessed!

Psalm 28:7
"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him."

2 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Good scripture to live by! I will praise Him!

Jacquie Wallace said...

Great introduction!! I'm looking forward to your daily posts.

Happy New Year to you and your sweet family. May God touch each of you in a special way this year!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails