Wednesday, January 12, 2011

#12 - Pioneer Picnic Cookies

We've had a snowy day/week/winter and honestly I do enjoy it! Not a fan of driving in it, but it is so pretty to see falling.


Anna is so much like me when it comes to carrying everything you "might" need around with you! Today while waiting on our lunch to cook we played a little game of "guess what's in Anna's purse!" She and I both get it honestly though, my Mama always carried anything you could ever imagine in her purse. Just don't dare touch it without permission! Ha!

I've had this little cookbook for as long as I can remember. I've made a few different recipes from it and today I think I found my new favorite cookie. :P

I've never really been able to make good chocolate cookies from scratch. Not sure why.
I tried this recipe today and my, oh my, they turned out pretty yummy! They tasted just like a chocolate chip cookie, but somehow better :D

I didn't add the walnuts. We're not a fan of nuts in desserts around these parts.

I thought I should give credit where credit is due.

Of course I am still having a hard time chewing anything with my back teeth. But if you soak these in a little milk - they soften right up!!! After a week of pudding, jello, and yogurt I didn't feel too guilty. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that Blizzard last night........

Colossians 1:16
"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him."

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

OH MY! Those cookies look so good. I have been SO good not eating junk for the last two weeks. They make me want to cheat!! Bad.

I carry everything I think I might need in my purse, too. Sometimes, I get the urge to simplify and then when I really need something that was in there, it's not!!

Glad you're feeling better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails