Tuesday, March 29, 2011

#88 - Crayon Melting

Today the girls and I did something that we've been meaning to do for a long time :)

Ever have any of those things?!

The girls did a lot of this ^ after school today!

I've had this red silicone mini-muffin pan for a few years and never use it.

Because I dislike it very much:) So I thought we'd put it to some use other than scraping muffin bottoms out of it.

After the girls unwrapped many broken/bad crayons, they broke them into pieces and arranged them in the muffin cups.

I liked this color combination!

Then we set them in the oven that was heated to 175 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. You want them to melt slowly or else it'll be very stinky! You're just meltin' - not cookin' em!

Here is the one I liked.

After they cool for about an hour or so you can pop them out of the pan and voila - they look like this when you turn them over!


The girls thought they were fun and we plan on making some more soon! Next time we're gonna break the crayon pieces up a little smaller so we'll get more of a rainbow effect when they color with them. But these turned out just fine for now. :)


2 Corinthians 5:21
"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

2 comments:

Tania said...

So neat, thanks for sharing a great idea with the rest of us. I usually just through away the broken pieces of crayons. Think I will starting saving them and try some crayon melting.

Addington Family said...

Our kids love doing this. A tip I learned is to soak the crayons in warm water and the wrapper comes right off. Saved us some time. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails