Thursday, December 2, 2010

Random Events from the Week

We have had a super busy week! Monday we had things going on from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.!

First thing Monday morning we headed over to our county fiscal court meeting. This is Brian's Uncle Larry who is a magistrate in our district. We went to the meeting to support Bro. Kenny who spoke in opposition to Sunday sales at a winery in a town close to us. Larry voted "no" and we are proud to have him represent us! It did pass because one of the magistrates that lost changed his vote after he had lost this past election. So so sad.


After the court meeting (which we stayed for the entire session!) the girls and I headed on to our homeschool co-op group. The girls really enjoy most of their classes. Anna takes a science class based off of the book, "Blood and Guts" and the teacher has been wonderful! They've been able to dissect several different things and this past class they were able to dissect sheep brains! Sorry if this grosses you out! :) It might gross you out even more if you scroll any further, because of course I've been taking pictures of most of the organs they've done.








It was really interesting I must say! The only time I got grossed out completely was when we did the eyeball. I'll spare you that pic!

Monday evening I helped a couple different people from our church prepare a meal for the Baptist Campus Ministry students in our town. They had this painting on the wall and I just loved it! Do you see the tree and the sun within the hand and sleeve? The hand had broken mirror representing the nail scars in Jesus' hand. I thought it showed Jesus making a way to His Father and directing us to Him! So neat!

Here are a couple of the super sweet girls and our precious Sheila (who makes awesome PB fudge by the way:)!

It has been flurrying here the past couple of days! I can bare the colder weather much better if there is pretty snow falling!
Tuesday I had a doctor's appt (yay me!) and then that night I had a little dinner and shopping outing with some sweet friends! We went to Hobby Lobby, ate a yummy meal, and then ended our night at Big Lots. Ha! We've decided to make this a monthly date! I can't believe I didn't take one single picture. :(
Hope you all are having a great week! Our town's Christmas parade is this Saturday and then on Sunday the missionary couple that we worked with in Panama will be speaking at our church. We can't wait to see them again!

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

We had a huge alcohol issue in our town a couple years ago and it was really an ugly and sad process. It still lingers especially since the alcohol was approved.

I have to admit... I couldn't look long at the brain picture. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails