Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 A Year of Blessings!

As 2010 is coming to a fast end I thought it would be neat to recap some of our most memorable moments of this year. I'm going to start a new thing on Saturday called Project 365, but I'll get into more detail with that soon enough :)

January
Our trip to Pigeon Forge with our bestest friends that had been in Sri Lanka for the past two years doing mission work.February
We got a scary call about my brother, Gigge (Garland), that lives in Texas. He had pneumonia and it developed into ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) and was in ICU for a LONG time. After he was admitted with an oxygen level of 40% (I think) and was intubated and put on life support Dad and I (and Sis after we met her in Little Rock) headed to Texas. Many praises to God that he is doing so much better now and he is here (in KY) now!!!
Gigge with his precious family! (Hi, Becky!:)

Kati, David, & Cori (Gigge's oldest son and his girls!)

Kati & Cori (my beautiful nieces!)

My other brother got married in Orange Beach, Alabama. We decided to go on our way home from Texas. He had two girls and Denise had two boys! Now (as of August) they have a baby girl together!

Holly's 8th birthday - We drove all through the night from Alabama so we'd make it home for her special day!

March
Our sweet great niece Isabella was born!

April
I got an awesome phone call from Gigge! He hadn't been able to speak very well before they had switched out his trech, so when my phone rang and it was from him I got a little excited!


April 18th my Mama had been gone 7 years. Still so hard to believe.

This was taken in front of Danforth Chapel after our wedding right before we were leaving. This is the dress that she was buried in.

Holly played her 3rd year in the city's softball league.


May
Brian's sweet aunt Lora passed away after battling cancer for several years. A close friend of hers read a very precious letter at her funeral that Lora had written her and it was a perfect example of Lora's testimony.

My father-in-law won the Primary Election's Sheriff's race!

June
Of course Toy Story 3 came out in theaters. After Anna's love for Woody all of these years we couldn't wait to see it!

Anna was able to attend Mitchell Tolle's art workshop again! What a blessing!

July
Brian and I were able to go on a 9 day mission trip to Panama (the country)! This was a life changing trip for us and I am looking forward to going back one day!


August
My dad turned 60!

I attended my 15 (gasp!) year high school reunion.

Brian and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary!
My brother and his wife Denise had a new baby girl, Miss Kathryn Reese.

Brian surprised us with an impromptu trip to Pigeon Forge, TN.
September
We celebrated Anna's 11th birthday while in Plymouth, Massachusetts! We were able to be part of a documentary that Kirk Cameron is filming called "Monumental" and we enjoyed being a part of a revival service called New England Solemn Assembly.


Monument to the Forefathers statue in Plymouth, MA.

October
The girls and I had our annual fall photo shoot. :)

Don Pinson with Heritage Ministries of Kentucky preached an Election Sermon at our church and we had a total of 17 candidates in attendance!

November
Brian's dad won the Sheriff's office in the general election!

So did many Tea Party candidates all throughout the nation! Hopefully sending a message to the government that less is more!

December
We've had a wonderful month of celebrating our Savior's birth!
Also, my brother came home from Texas less than a year after he was in such critical condition. God is so good!

Here is one of Gigge's daughters, Cori, with the girls tonight when we ate at Sonny's!

Looking back over the past 12 months we have gone through a variety of things and I realize that through it all one thing was constant - God was in control of each and every second! We just have to learn to obey and go with the flow!

Looking forward to what the Lord has in store for 2011!

2 comments:

Jacquie Wallace said...

Great recap!! (I started reading you when you were posting about your mission trip.)

Tania said...

Wow, I can't believe that I have been reading your blog for almost a year now. Even though we have never met, I feel like you and your family are good friends of ours. Looking forward to seeing your 365 project. I have actually thought about doing one too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails