Sunday, February 27, 2011

#58 - Annie Armstrong and a Water Bottle

Today was my last Sunday to teach Children's Church :( I've had a blast this month and I couldn't have done it without Anna and Holly's help. My sister came with us this morning and was a huge help too :D

We painted water bottles to be used for banks so the kids can collect change for our "Change for Souls" offerings. We taught about missions today and who Annie Armstrong was and how she supported missions here in the United States.

This colorful bank belonged to my little cookie buddy :) He again didn't disappoint with the comments! As I was teaching about Annie I told about how when she lived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania she looked out and saw the immigrants and thought about the opportunities to share Christ with them. His hand went straight into the air - "Hey, you know what......my Daddy is taking me to Pennsylvania to a dirt track racing show!"

I'm gonna miss teaching all of the kiddos, we've had a fun time with them this month!

After going to Mexico for lunch - yum, yum, we came home and took a much needed nap!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Acts 1:8
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails