Thursday, April 22, 2010

January 29, 1994

For Kelly's Show Us Your Life this week it is on our how we met our sweeties!

January 29, 1994 was our first date! We met when Brian was a Senior and I was a Junior and we had the same Ag class during our spring semester. How romantic right?! Actually it was pretty sweet because it was an easy class and we were able to talk almost the entire hour each day.
My dance team coach had Brian in her homeroom and one day told me during practice, "I know a great guy for you!" I just laughed her off. Then my best friend and her boyfriend went on a double date with us and we haven't looked back!!! Our first date was at a really neat restaurant in Lexington called Darryl's (it has since been torn down) and I remember that he had catfish and I had the lasagna. Then after dinner we went bowling!
We still have the same best friends and repeated the exact same date a year later! :)
What is really neat is the fact that while we were growing up we lived within 1.5 miles from each other and went to the same schools our entire lives and never really knew the other one.

He proposed Christmas 1994 and we were married on August 10, 1996 and I love him more now than I ever have! He is a wonderful godly husband and father and I praise God that He answered my prayers from when I was a little girl!

Here we are in our Ag class shortly after we started dating.

After our wedding.

Thanks for stopping by and I pray you have a blessed weekend!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love that he proposed on Christmas! SUch a sweet story!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved reading your story....Had a few hours to blog hop tonight......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Great story! I love happy love stories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails