Tuesday, October 25, 2011

#297 - Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

This weekend a friend of mine gave me the recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent! I was so excited that I had all of the ingredients except one. I bought the Lemi Shine at Wal-Mart for $2.96 (it was right beside the dishwashing soap.)
Here are the ingredients. 1 cup of Kosher Salt (I think you can use regular salt too.)2 cups Washing Soda
2 cups of Borax
The entire bottle of Lemi Shine.
Mix all of this together and voila ~ ready to use!
I poured some back into the Lemi Shine bottle to make it easier to pour into the dishwasher.
Another tip is to use vinegar in the rinse container in your dishwasher! I tried this last night and it works great and helps to clean your dishwasher also!
After making my laundry detergent and loving it, I'm going to try all kinds of homemade recipes now!

Here is the recipe again:
2 cups Washing Soda
2 cups Borax
1 cup Kosher salt
1 bottle of Lemi Shine

Jeremiah 2:22
"For though you wash yourself with lye, and use much soap,
Yet your iniquity is marked before Me,” says the Lord GOD."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails