Thursday, October 13, 2011

#285 - The Painting of Papaw's Pond

Anna finished Papaw's watercolor painting! She took two different pictures that I had taken of him and his pond and combined them to paint this:

We took it over to Hobby Lobby to have it framed this afternoon and then took it by to surprise him. He loved it! Anna was pointing out what details she had put on there. :)
This makes my heart smile. :D
And there just so happened to be a spare nail on the wall in his room that was strong enough to hold his painting.......temporarily, until he gets home!
Loved this one! :)

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

2 comments:

Brooke O'Shea said...

Awh, that is so sweet. The last picture made me tear up a bit. She did a wonderful job!

Deb said...

I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner and wanted to say hi! I absolutely loved this post and the love you can see in their eyes. My daddy is 80 and he has Alzheimer's, so times like this are precious and few for us...your daughter is very talented!

Related Posts with Thumbnails