Friday, April 29, 2011

#119 - Keeping it Real *UPDATED*

UPDATED**After writing this last night, I woke up this morning with conviction on my heart. No matter how bad or crazy my week went last week I still feel extremely blessed. Especially when I see footage of the aftermath of those tornadoes and storms from Alabama and other states. My life and house could be in much more chaos than what it is right now and for that I am very grateful!**

For what it's worth - this week has been a doozy! I feel like I'm still playing catch-up. With all of the rain you'd think I'd have everything caught up with being inside 24 hours a day for almost a week straight, but wrong!

I hardly ever vent on here about the crazy times in our lives, but after reading a post written by my niece's new sister-in-law (that I was able to meet during the wedding in Arkansas :), it has given me a new perspective on what to maybe share a little more. The girls and I have been re-organizing their room. We do this about twice a year and when it's time for a good cleaning/purging event it is a big ordeal. This usually falls around the time we switch out their summer/winter clothes. This is what we've tried to tackle this week. Fun times.

I've never been a neat freak, but with my laundry piling up higher as the days go by and with my carpet getting a new layer of dirt, it is about to drive me crazy! I was the baby of five kids so Mama never really made me clean a whole lot and I use that for the excuse that I don't like to clean now. :) I struggle with making the girls clean up after themselves and I must keep reminding them to get their chores done. They are responsible for emptying the dishwasher, sweeping the kitchen, folding laundry (not all of it - I'm not that bad :), and putting laundry into the dryer from the washer. We've also hit a few milestones this week that I would rather not share on the blog, but I'll just say it's been a very busy/crazy/exciting week!

Our girlies are pretty good girls and I appreciate their sweet willing spirits and attitudes that they have most of the time. But they both still have their moments, trust me. Little sin natures must be dealt with early on by parents! Children aren't born knowing how to do right, it must be taught. Holly needs a tuning occasionally, but once an issue has been "addressed" she seems to be okay until the next incident arises. For example, today I caught her rolling her eyes at me when I asked her to change her shirt. Um....no I don't think so! I nipped it in the bud the instant she did it. She had her warning and now if I see her doing it again I'll "address" it with some more intensive punishment (read: swat on the behind)!

(Anna took this picture today of our Iris' while I was working:)


I had high hopes of cleaning tomorrow and getting the girls room finished up, but Holly's softball coach informed us that her first game which is a make-up game from last Saturday is tomorrow and Brian is working day shift so he'll miss her first game :( It's probably a good thing my camera card is empty! Also, my niece, Madison will be getting baptized tomorrow night - Yay! We're excited to go and be a part of that celebration too!
So I guess our clean house will have to wait until say, after the girls leave home.......which if it's up to their Daddy and me, won't be until they are 35 & 37!

Ephesians 4:15
"but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—"

1 comment:

Jacquie Wallace said...

You sound like a very typical mom in this post. I've been there. Ugh!

I will say that there were times that I just didn't know what I would do with one of my boys and a friend told me about a soldier who was coming home from the war and was going to surprise his momma. On his way from the airport to home, he had a motorcycle accident and died!!! Then the friend said, "I think you can go through anything with your child... because at least you have them." That really spoke to me.

These tornadoes and earthquakes sometimes make us realize how blessed we are... but you are allowed to be frustrated on occasion.

Hope you have a great week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails