Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Testimony

I am excited that for this week for Kelly's SUYL we are sharing our testimonies. My hubby and I went on a mission trip to Panama at the end of June and before we left we were asked to write down our testimonies. I was saved at an early age and hadn't done a lot of worldly sinnin', but I was a sinner nonetheless. Still am but, now I have forgiveness.

Here is my testimony:

I am the baby of five children and I always remember going to church. My mom made sure that we were always there. My older sisters and brother were always active in the youth group and I usually was the tag-a-long. I always enjoyed Sunday School because I had some very loving and kind teachers that shared the love of Jesus with me.

The summer after I turned nine years old I attended a VBS with my best friend. This church is where my best friend went and it was a sister church to our smaller church, Blue Lick. I remember getting ready to march in and having a feeling come over me that felt like I was being drawn. I sat through the opening songs and almost couldn’t sit still! By the time we were dismissed to our classes God’s conviction was so strong on my heart. I went up to the teacher with tears in my eyes and asked to talk to the pastor. He led me to the Lord in his office that night and my life has never been the same!

With being saved at an early age I have always been able to trust in God through no matter what happened. I learned from a very young age to take any burdens or requests to Him. He is always faithful and very merciful to me!

We were created to have a relationship with our Creator, God. Our purpose here on earth is to glorify and fellowship with Him. But because of the fall of man we aren’t able to have that relationship on our own, because God can not look upon sin. And we are all born sinners. In order to have forgiveness for this sin there must be blood shed in sacrifice offering to God. So He sent His Son, Jesus to die and be that sacrifice so that we may have that forgiveness and be able to have a relationship with Him. We must believe in faith that Jesus not only died for our sins, but that He was buried and arose again after 3 days and ask forgiveness for our sins. Then commit our lives to serving Him. John 14:6 says that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father except through Him.

No matter how “good” we might be, we are all sinful creatures in need of forgiveness. Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,”
Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 10:13 “For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Romans 10:9-10 “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

1 comment:

Paige said...

I love VBS stories...I have worked VBS many years and it never gets old to see a child being drawn to the Lord.

Happy Friday!

paige

Related Posts with Thumbnails