Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December Randomness

This post is gonna be a little chaotic :D So bear with me!
It started snowing Friday night and this is what it looked like the next morning (YAY!):
The girls could NOT wait to get out and play!
I opted to stay inside and make some yummy soup, while Daddy ventured out to play!
Here is the yummy soup I concocted:

Tortilla Soup or as Anna calls it, "White Bean Soup."
Super easy and super yummy!

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken breast cooked and shredded
4-5 cans navy beans
1 can cream of chicken
2 cans chicken broth (or you can use bouillon cubes with water)
1 jar chicken gravy
Tall jar of salsa (We don't like it chunky, so I make my own salsa with Rotel, diced tomatoes, cilantro, garlic salt, chopped onion, cumin, salt, & pepper chopped in the blender!)
1 packet of chicken taco seasoning
If I have time I let my chicken breast cook in the crock pot all day in some broth and then after shredding it I add it to the soup mixture. Simmer for 30 minutes and serve with tortilla chips.
I doubled this recipe on Saturday and we had leftovers for a few days.


We went over Saturday afternoon to visit with Nana, Aunt Trish (visiting from FL), and Amber. Trish was decorating Nana's tree and the girls helped a little!

Brian has been on the hunt for a set of Lincoln Logs and we finally found some on sale at Meijers Friday night! Sunday afternoon he and the girls did a little cabin building.


Here is what I have been doing so far this week:Baking some goodies!

Oreo truffles (YUM!)
Grind up 1 package of Oreo cookies and then mix with 1-8oz. cream cheese (softened), then roll into small balls (set in fridge for about 15 minutes) and then dip into melted white chocolate or almond bark. Easy peasy! I added some mint extract to half of my batter and those were really good too.

Peanut Brittle

Peanut butter crackers and pretzels dipped in chocolate!

This year I have a helper!
I also made some peanut butter and chocolate fudge and I've got buckeyes chillin' in the fridge ready to be dipped in some chocolate!
We are getting excited to celebrate the birth of our Savior on Friday! Shopping is finished and now we can just sit back relax and concentrate on what this season truly means!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails