Friday, August 12, 2011

#224 - The Anniversary Trip

Brian and I decided to head to Tennessee for our 15th Anniversary! We were excited to go, but sad to leave our girls. But they encouraged us to go and have fun....so we did:)
To start the trip off:
Brian totally knows my love language of Mickey D's Sweet Tea! I could almost swear they put some sort of drug in that stuff! Brian picked out our hotel and did an excellent job!:)

I'm not going to recap our entire trip, but I'll just share some stuff that I want to document.
The girls had given us a package to open on Wednesday the 10th - our anniversary date.

It was a very sweet card and a watercolor that Holly had painted of a beach. :)

Loved it!
We LOVE to drive through Cades Cove near Townsend, TN when we are down there and this time we drove through there and also discovered another motor nature trail near Gatlinburg. It was a shorter drive than Cades Cove, but it was very pretty and had some awesome views! Here are some pictures from our driving trips:

We've always wanted to see bears while driving through the Smokies and particularly through Cades Cove and we've never seen any. But this time we saw one....wink.wink.

Ha! Brian tricked me! "Jenn get your camera ready - there's a bear right over here!"


The views of the mountians are absolutely gorgeous!

There are some cabins and old churches there too.
And plenty of deer!


On our way out this one was standing right beside the road.
We were very blessed on this little trip we took and have lots of great memories! I love my hubby and am very grateful God placed him in my life. I look forward to the next 50+ years with him!!!

Ephesians 5:25
"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"

1 comment:

Brooke O'Shea said...

Awh, it looks like y'all had fun! Blessing on this year and many more to come!
Mama and Daddy just celebrated their 15th anniversary too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails