Thursday, August 4, 2011

#216 - Blogging

For Kelly's SUYL this week the topic is blogging tips. When I first started my blog it was to show out of town family and friends what our family was up to. But I've since discovered that with being a homeschooling family blogging is a great way to keep up with what we do and the little extras stuff we want to record. It also helps when we go on our field trips that if I do a post about it, I can always pull it back up for a reminder of the info we've learned.

Also, this year I decided to do a Project 365 where I post a picture a day and journal our activities. I am on day 216 and I have to say it's been a lot of work and some days I may not want to post anything, but I know in the long run it'll be great to be able to look back and see what we've done in the previous year.

So my advice for blogging would be to keep things simple and do it for yourself or family. I tried doing the scrapbooking thing several years ago and I honestly didn't have time to get all of my stuff out and cut and paste a few pages. But with blogging the "scrapbooking" is so much easier because it only takes a second to "cut" and "paste"!!!

A great website I use to make my header for my blog is http://www.scrapblog.com/, most of their stuff is free and you have plenty of options!

And because I haven't posted a picture for today's post here will be mine for the day:)

Next Wednesday Brian and I will celebrate our 15th Anniversary!!!

I also wanted to share this with you! Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is asking for our nation to bind together in prayer this Saturday, August 6th, from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. You can click on the picture for more information:

2 Chronicles 7:14
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tips! I will be praying tomorrow!

Amiee said...

Happy 15th Anniversary! Hope you enjoy your special day :) Thanks for the great tips.

Always Learning said...

YEAH!!!! A governor that believes in the power of prayer...I am so excited. I have been praying for rain for Texas. We serve an awesome God and He wants u to ask Him...So please, Lord, let there be rain in Texas. Amen.

Blessings,
Lori
www.lorialexander.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Great post and Happy Anniversary!

Karen said...

1st congrats on your Anniversary!! (Imagine pompom and glitter)

2nd I tried a 365 this year too and I am a month behind and find it stressful and NO ONe ever comments or cares. I still like it and love looking back but feel it as an obligation not a treat now days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails