Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Day in the Life.....

For Kelly's SUYL this week we are suppose to share our daily schedule. We are pretty low key around our house and may seem pretty boring! About a year and a half ago I quit working part time at my real estate office to stay home with the girls and to begin homeschooling. Then after being a Realtor for 8 years I officially retired last April. I love being a stay at home mom and I love the opportunity to be able to homeschool our girls too!

8:30 a.m. - Wake up and get breakfast going and eat.
9:00 a.m. - Start our homeschooling.

11:30-12:30 p.m. - Lunch Break (we usually only take around 30 minutes.)

3:00 - 4:00 p.m. - We finish with our school work in the classroom. I am a believer that teaching our kiddos is a lifelong thing and as Deut. 6:4-9 says, instructing should be from when you rise up until you lie down.

Afternoons - We do different things each day of the week. Walk at the indoor track, piano lessons, library visits, grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc.

6:00 p.m. - Supper (sometimes earlier & sometimes later depending on Brian's schedule.)

7-9:00 p.m. - We don't watch a lot of T.V., so we usually either watch a movie or read. I have Ladies Bible Study on Tuesdays and we have church on Wednesdays. About the only show we do try and watch is The Biggest Loser and I sometimes get to watch my newfound fave - The Office.

9:00 p.m. - We have family devotion where we sing a couple of songs, read scripture and do a devotional. This has been wonderful for our family!
Our devotional we use:
9:30 p.m. - The girls get ready for bed, do their quiet time & prayer journals, and then do their free reading. Lights out around 10:30 p.m.

Usually after the girls go to bed this is my time to do my quiet time, catch up on homeschool prep, blog reading, book reading, etc. I have always been a night owl, so my bedtime is sometime between midnight and 2:00 a.m. About 6-7 hours of sleep is all I need to function!

1 comment:

Amy Prikazsky said...

Love this post and your blog! Thanks so much for sharing the love of Jesus with your children! May the Lord bless you! I'm now a follower:)

amy[www.theprikazskys.com]

Related Posts with Thumbnails