Monday, April 16, 2012

Our Chickens

We tried to incubate about 27 eggs this spring and we've ended up with 10 healthy chicks. Which is pretty good odds for us! I've been meaning to post these for a while, but it's better late than never.


I loved this one. :o)
Non-chicken related: The girls decided to hunt eggs on the Monday after Easter.

Here are the chicks now:
They're so cute!
These chicks are too!
Our chicken coop that Brian built.
Inside the coop.
The brooder box where the baby chicks stay warm and cozy. We covered the top with a tarp so that the hens and rooster wouldn't roost on top of them.
Here are our grown hens and rooster. George, the rooster, really dislikes me. He even tried to attack me once. I'm still traumatized by it! I'll post a video at the end of this post of him running at me.
This is George, the chick that Aidan named!
We've got them spoiled by feeding them grass and worms. Anna even has them trained...haha!
See watch them follow her!
They'll even do some tricks for an earthworm! Haha!

Without further ado - here is George charging at the hand that feeds him:

2 comments:

Brooke O'Shea said...

Awh, they are adorable!

Trent, Vicki & Aidan said...

George is getting so big! I would be scared to if George the Rooster tried to attack me every time too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails